Proposal Type: Signalling
Date: 11 October 2022
State: Draft/Work in Progress
The proposals Proof of Fee (2210-2) and Final Supply (2210-1) are targeted at adjusting rewards from validators, with the goal of incentivizing the best performing validators. In line with the vision of creating an entrepreneurial cooperative, the 0L Network should also have a low-friction way for workers to organize themselves and receive streams of payments, in the absence of algorithmic rewards. This proposal takes a first step in that direction.
This proposal advocates for the Engineering team to prioritize the development of functionality that will enable a simple mechanism for routing payments to working via the creation of a Move 0L framework (AKA stdlib) tools for entities to create and fund faucets. Features would include:
- Anyone can start a Faucet
- Faucets can have one or more administrators
- The faucet can receive donations (from Community Wallets or users).
- A user can claim a self-service payment from a faucet
The self-service aspects of the faucets will be gated, as follows:
- The more users claiming the longer it takes for payment to process.
- The payment happens automatically unless an administrator intervenes.
- Certain faucets may require credentials (an NFT) before one can join.
A leading use case for this would be the Hustle Karma DAO, which can reduce overhead and speed payments by allowing users to self-paying for their work.
Impact of Voting YES on this Proposal
- Faucets would become an 0L stdlib feature which Community Wallets and others could use.
- An engineering group would be funded to develop the Faucets tooling. The code would be merged to Move Stdlib on completion.
Impact of Voting NO on this Proposal
- No Engineering effort in this area would be undertaken absent additional governance action.
Notes on Process
- This document is a Draft / Work in Progress. It will change until marked as FINAL. The closing date for revisions is 15 October.
- Publication here is an invitation for community collaboration and co-creation.
- To engage on this content, visit the #governance-proposals channel on the 0L Discord (link at bottom right)
- Once this Proposal is finalized, it will be the subject of Voting on the Radical X Change platform. If you do not yet have credentials, visit the #rxc-voice-discussion channel on the 0L Discord and make a request to join.
- Voting opens 17 Oct and closes 22 Oct