The 0L Network today reached a new record in terms of activity on the network: The daily number of active Carpe miners topped 2,000 for the first time today, with 2,080 installations running and earning tokens today. The number of active Carpe miners has been increasing steadily across the last 30 days, as new users have joined the community and discovered how easy it is to run Carpe and earn rewards.
Also on this date we have released a newly updated version of Carpe – version 0.5.0. Here’s what’s new:
- Wallet-to-wallet coin transfers
- Better reliability connecting to the chain
- Dynamic VDF proofs (improving network and miner performance!)
- Over-the-air upgrades
- Support for localization in multiple new languages
For the next few days, you will need to manually download and install Carpe. The automatic updater will be enabled after we’ve given our more experienced users a chance to install the new version manually and report back on their experience.
Here are the links for the packages you need for a manual update:
- Windows users: https://github.com/0LNetworkCommunity/carpe/releases/download/v0.5.0/carpe_0.5.0_x64.msi
- MacOS users (11+ only): https://github.com/0LNetworkCommunity/carpe/releases/download/v0.5.0/carpe-macos-11.dmg
- Debian users: https://github.com/0LNetworkCommunity/carpe/releases/download/v0.5.0/carpe_0.5.0_amd64.deb
For those of you unfamiliar with Carpe, it is a wallet and light miner application that can run on most consumer computers. The app only requires 1 thread of your CPU, meaning not only can most machines run it, but you can run it in the background while you do other things with your machine. Download Carpe, learn about 0L and start receiving rewards – it’s very easy to get started.
Kudos to all of the Carpe contributors and the top-tier 0L community for pressing on during this crypto winter. It’s time for builders to build! We welcome all builders into the community and encourage you to explore this site to learn more and drop by our Discord and say hi.